The Senior Sponsors invite you to join Remind to get the latest updates on Senior activities and events.
Senior Year Events
For payment information go to the JVHS website and select the parents/students tab of the website. This will take you to the link for the School Cash Online link. An account must first be set up and then payment can be made. Please print and keep your receipt for records. Tickets to Prom will be passed out during lunches in May. This is the time you may also purchase your date tickets as well. Your date ticket price will be locked in at the rate you paid. Partial payments are possible in this system.
* 2018 Prom will be May 11th at the Corinthian in Downtown Houston.
Senior Class Sponsors
Linda Gross - Room 2310
Laura Oswalt - Room 1309
Summer is a great time to sit for your senior portraits! Make your appointment now with Prestige Portraits, the official yearbook photographer for the JVHS Class of 2018. One yearbook pose is free, with additional packages and poses starting at $20.
12946 Willowchase Drive
Houston, TX 77070
Senior Check List
- Buy Senior shirt
- Senior Prom ~N~more is priced at $85.00 with online payments preferred from JVHS website. Prices increase in January. Date-tickets will be paid for in May.
- Pay for Project Prom (after prom party-lock in )
- Balfour will hold a meeting during school with information and paperwork to order your cap and gown for graduation.
- Visit the College & Career Center Office inside the Library to get information on financial aid, free vouchers for testing, college visits to our campus, and more. Mr. Hernandez will help but you have got to take the time to listen to announcements or drop by the library frequently.
- Seniors can take a "college day" to visit and tour a college campus. Ask at attendance office
- Register & take SAT or ACT.
- Complete Common College Application on-line at applytexas.org
HINT: select one e-mail account and one good password (usually with 1 capital, 8 letters, and 1 #) to use for all applications and if possible SAT & ACT testing results. You can set your cell phone to alert you of postings and notices pushed out to you from these websites. You will also want to use your calendar to set up reminders for deadline alerts.
- Write essays for application early when you can get help from teachers; upload to application
- Select teachers for letters of recommendation if needed
- Check schools for required dorm deposits and deadlines
- Never wait until the deadline to turn in paperwork for college
- Check with your Counselor to ensure all credits required are correct
- Send transcripts to colleges
- Apply for financial aid (need current year's tax returns so do these early)
- Clear up any excessive absences problems early
- Get your meningitis shot required by colleges – drop completed record off by Nurse to update your shot records
- Be sure you have paid seniors fees and project prom fees for a fun time on May 20th
- Check to be sure your cap and gown has been ordered with Balfour (these are handed out during senior breakfast)
- Pass your classes to get your final credits….colleges are looking at your grades during the Spring Semester more carefully now
- Clear fines and fees and check in textbooks as early as possible so you can receive your cap and gown without any delay
- Mail graduation invitations with one month advance notice
- Pick up graduation tickets early (more tickets are available at a later date)
- Request a final transcript from the Registrar's Office (you can now do this on-line) This is required by the college you will be attending
- Go by Registrar's Office for hard to pronounce names
Friday, May 11, 2018
8 PM to Midnight
202 Fannin St Houston -- Downtown Houston
(You may need to pay for parking)