Frequently Asked Questions

Where do I go to check-out a textbook?
Most classes will not have textbooks issued. The classes that issue textbooks will make arrangements for student to check them out.
What do I do if I lost a textbook?
Check with your teacher and then check with the textbook clerk, Mrs. Carter, in Room G1037. If you are unable to locate the book, pay for it in the Finance Office and retain your receipt until the end of the school year.
Where do I go to get a Transcript or copies of my school records?
All Transcript and student records requests are handled by the Registrar's Office.
Where do I go to withdraw from Jersey Village High School?
See your Assistant Principal prior to the date of withdrawal and get a form for your parents/ guardians to sign. Your parents/guardians will need to return the form in person to the Registrar’s office.
Where to I go to get advice about schedules, personal problems, college, trade school, or any other school related issue?
See your Counselor at Counselor’s Corner during your lunch or make an appointment with your House Secretary.
What is the policy for Tardies?
Students are given 6 minutes between classes and are counted tardy if they are not in their rooms and seated by the time the tardy bell rings.
  • Being late for class is a tardy.
  • Arriving 10 minutes late to class will be counted as an absence.
  • Tardies cannot be excused by teachers, parents, or other students.
  • Excused tardies in the form of a pass can only be issued by administrators, counselors, administrative secretaries, or the nurse.
  • Excessive tardies will result in disciplinary action.
  • If you are late to class (within 10 minutes) report to class as soon as possible.
  • If you are more than 10 minutes late to class (2nd – 7th period), check in at the attendance office.
  • If you are more than 10 minutes late to school (1st period), check in at the attendance office with a note from a parent/guardian.
What do I do if I become ill during the school day?
Get a pass from your teacher and go to the Clinic.
I need to take medication during the school day.  How is this handled??

The medication policy for Cy Fair ISD states that parent's must bring medication to the clinic and provide written permission with request of administration directions.  This policy, although time consuming is an effort to provide for the maximum safety of our students.  Other districts have had student deaths related to over the counter medication administration. As a result, medication administration is taken very seriously.

Teachers and staff are not allowed to give students medication except per district guidelines.  The only exception to this rule are persons who hold after school events such as trainers, band and drill team instructors  who may administer meds to a student while participating in their event.  

Where do I go to pay a fee or fine?
Go to the Finance Office, located in the Main Office, after school or during lunch. The Financial Office is available for making payments 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM on school days.
What do I do if I need to miss school to visit a College or University?
You must obtain a College Visit Permission Form from the Attendance Office. Have your parent or guardian sign the form prior to having your assistant principal signing it. Turn in the form with the stamp from the college or university to the attendance office upon your return to school.
What do I do if I need to leave school early?
Go to the Attendance Office before school with a note from home that has a phone number where a parent or guardian can be reached for verification.
What do I do when I return to school from an absence?
Bring a note from your doctor or your parent/guardian to the Attendance Office within 3 days of the absence.
What is an "EA"?
An "EA" is Excessive Absences - missing more than 10 days of any class within one semester. If you have 10 or more absences, you should meet with your Assistant Principal to arrange to make up the days you missed so you can avoid losing the credit for that semester.
How do I find out what bus I take?
On the District links, under Transportation, select Which Bus Do I Ride? Enter your address, then click search to find your school and bus information.
What do I do if I want to ride a different bus home to a friend's house?
Bring a note signed by parent or guardian with a phone number where they can be reached. State on the note the friend’s address and bus number of the bus you wish to ride. Submit this note to your House Secretary BEFORE your lunch.
What do I have to do to ride the Late Bus?
Late buses run Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. In order to ride the late bus, a student must be with a teacher until 4:30 to receive a late bus pass. NO student can ride the late bus without an official late bus pass!
What is the JVHS policy on electronics at school?
Teachers have the SOLE discretion of allowing students to use electronic devices in the classroom. Check with each of your teachers to find out his/her individual cell phone/electronic policy.
  • If you cell phone is confiscated by a staff member, a parent or guardian will need to pay a $15.00 fee at the Finance Office (9 AM – 3 PM) and must show proof of payment to your House Secretary in order to get your cell phone back. On your second and subsequent offenses, the phone will be held for 30 days before it will be released to your parent/guardian, along with another $15.00 fee.
  • Due to safety issues, you may only have one ear bud/earphone in use while on campus. At no time in the school day may a student talk on his/her cell phone. Go to your House Office and ask to use the phone if it is an emergency.
  • In the case of an emergency, your parent/guardian can call the school and a message will be delivered to you. You will then be allowed to call them back on a school phone.
What is the Dress Code at Jersey Village High School?
  • Pants must be worn at the waist or upper hip and must not reveal underclothing. Holes/cuts/rips in jeans must be mid-thigh or below - no sagging, bagging, or revealing jeans.
  • Shorts and Skirts must be fitted at the waist or upper hip, must not reveal underclothing, and must be mid-thigh in length or longer.
  • Tops, Shirts and Blouses must not reveal underclothing, midsection, torso, back, chest, breasts or cleavage - no spaghetti straps, backless, low cut or short tops, shirts, or blouses. Tops must fit properly and cover all underclothing. Graphics and wording on t-shirts must be school appropriate.
  • Dresses must not reveal underclothing, midsection, torso, back, chest, breasts, or cleavage and must be mid-thigh in length or longer.
  • Shoes must not detract from or interfere with the learning environment or present a safety or health hazard. Tennis shoes or closed-toe shoes are preferred. House shoes/house slippers of any kind are not allowed.
  • Head Coverings – no type of head covering is to be worn with the exception of (1) a cap or hat that is part of a uniform worn for a school activity or (2) for religious or medical purposes. Knit/crochet caps, beanies, berets, silk shower caps, bandannas, scarves, or head wraps are not allowed.
  • Underclothing must not be visible; pajamas/lounge-wear are prohibited.
  • Jewelry/Piercings – Noisy, distracting and excessive jewelry or accessories are prohibited and must not detract from or interfere with the learning environment or present a safety or health hazard.
  • Tattoos must not be gang related or otherwise inappropriate.
  • Hair Style/Color and Makeup must not detract from or interfere with the learning environment. 
Students who come to school in violation of the district and/or campus dress code must correct the violation by changing into appropriate attire. If the student fails to comply, school officials will issue consequences as designated in the Code of Conduct. Students who have a question about the appropriateness of an item should discuss the specific item with the appropriate staff member before wearing the item. Students can be suspended upon the second and subsequent dress code violations.

Javascript Required

Sorry, this site does not work properly without JavaScript enabled. Please enable JavaScript or contact your local administrator.