A student shall have the opportunity to earn exemptions from an examination when he or she has a grade of A (90-100) or B (80-89) and has no more than three (3) absences from that course in the semester. (CFISD Handbook, HB 12-13)
- Freshman: 1 exemption per semester
- Sophomores: 2 exemption per semester
- Juniors: 3 exemptions per semester
- Seniors: 4 exemptions-fall semester, and 7 exemptions-spring semester
Classes missed due to the following shall not count against a student’s exemptions:
- School-sponsored field trip (attendance codes: FTI-FTA-FTM-FTX)
- College days-limited to no more than 2 days during student’s junior year and 2 days for student’s senior year, documentation required ( attendance code: CD)
If a student is suspended (out of school) or assigned to a DAEP for any number of days, he or she shall lose eligibility for exemptions during that semester.
A student receiving a grade of "U" (Unsatisfactory) for conduct shall lose eligibility for exemptions; however, a student shall not receive a "U" unless the teacher has referred that student to the Assistant Principal's office for misconduct.